Beach Buddies has created a very simple method to clean beaches, which can easily be followed. There are a few basics you need to get organised:
- Get some friends together, even if it’s just two of you!
- Choose a beach and collect a few bags of garbage – always use gloves.
- Take photographs of the beach “before” and “after”.
- Send the photographs and some words to the local media.
- Tell people what you have done, using social media.
- Organise a second event, perhaps somewhere different.
- Keep statistics of the number of bags of trash you collect.
- Tell your local authority / local politicians what you have done.
- Organise another event… tell the media… organise another event…
We would be very happy to come along and help you set up a Beach Buddies volunteer group, and supply some basic equipment to get you started. Contact us by email: [email protected]